Skill Level: Easy Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 2 hours Chill Time: N/A Serving Size: 1 Gummy (1 tablespoon/15ml) Yield: N/A
¾-1 cup Magical Tincture (to be reduced to MBO in step 4, below)
- 12 ounces (4 packages of 3 ounces each) flavored gelatin of your choice
- 1 cup fruit juice of your choice, chilled (NO PINEAPPLE OR CITRUS JUICES)
- 2½ ounces (10 envelopes of ¼ ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup (for Step 2) plus 2 tablespoons (for Step 5) honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon Tart & Sour or citric acid powder
- ½ tablespoon flavor extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk all the gelatins and citric acid together.
2. Separately, stir ¼ cup honey or agave together with the chilled fruit juice; then, whisk it into the gelatin until everything is thoroughly combined.
3. Set the gelatin mixture aside to soften, or “bloom”, while you reduce your tincture.
4. In a large, non-stick sauté pan on low heat, reduce your tincture until almost all the alcohol has evaporated, creating concentrated MagicalButterOil (MBO). It should look like molasses.
5. Add flavor extract, 2 tablespoons of honey or agave, and swirl the pan in a circular motion until the MBO mix again resembles molasses; then add the gelatin mixture.
6. Whisk the gelatin mix into the pan with the MBO mix, and begin to simmer the gummy cannfection over medium-low heat.
7. Stir constantly for 7-10 minutes, or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
8. Using a large measuring cup with a pour spout, transfer the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 45-60 minutes.
9. Remove your Magical Gummies from the molds, serve, and enjoy!
Chef’s Tip: Magical Gummies must be kept refrigerated. In the freezer, they will keep for up to a year, in the refrigerator up to 2 months.